General Information About SLA
The academy seeks to fulfill the church’s God ordained role in carrying out the Christian education command forum in Scripture, along with evangelism.
- Deuteronomy 6:7 – “And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou riseth up.”
- Proverbs 22:6 – “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
- II Timothy 3:15-17 – “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Jesus Christ. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”
Our goal is to aid you as parents in teaching and training your children with the Christian approach to life interwoven in each subject. We desire to exemplify Christian standards of that which is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report (Philippians 4:8). Pray with us that God will bless our efforts as we work together in educating young people for Christ.
|Bill Smith – Principal/Administrator|
|School Board – Gary Blalock, Bill Smith & Larry Wright.
SLA – A Ministry of Shining Light Baptist Church – www.slbcnc.org
|Address: 4530 W. Wendover Avenue – Greensboro, NC 27409|
|Phone: 336-299-9688 – Fax: 336-299-6126 – E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Website: www.slanc.org|
SLA School Year
The academic year consists of 180 days of instruction. The school day has 7 class periods of 50 minutes or more each.
- We will provide our students with instruction in God’s inspired, infallible Word, the Bible.
- We will provide students with a moral learning environment where spiritual growth is encouraged and temptations are minimized.
- We will provide our students with faculty and staff members who model a fervent love for Christ and who present their subject matter from a Biblical viewpoint.
- We will provide our students with regular chapel services where they can worship and see Biblical worship modeled.
- We will provide our students with opportunities to respond to the Gospel.
- We will provide our students with opportunities to serve Christ by serving others.
- We will provide our students with the instruction necessary for them to learn to evaluate academic information by the teachings of the Bible, so they express their view of the world from a Biblical perspective.
- We will provide our students with a balanced Biblical focused educational experience that meets or exceeds state requirements. It will meet general college admissions standards of most colleges or universities.
- We will provide our students with an academic environment that is conducive to each student doing his or her best.
- We will provide our students with a constant challenge to pursue excellence.
- We will provide our students with instruction relating to good study habits.
- We will provide our students with research techniques, logical reasoning, and the presentation of written and oral reports in a concise and comprehensive manner.
- We will provide our students with the instruction necessary for them to develop creative and higher order, critical thinking skills based solely on Biblical standards.
- Our goal is to provide our students with opportunities to be involved in challenging, academic classes, technology, athletics, and the fine arts.
- We will provide a curriculum that is first Biblical and challenging and that will lead students to make choices in life based on a Biblical view.